- January 17, 2020
- Ideas & Trends
Did you make any “new year, new you” plans this month? While you’re making lists and setting goals for 2020, why not make some outdoor plans as well?
It’s a good time to think ahead about your outdoor spaces and what you want to get out of them when warm weather returns. Is there a garden you want to see, an outdoor space you want to create, or a dreary corner you want to invigorate? What did you resolve at the end of last season that you would NEVER do again? Answers to these questions will guide this year’s landscape plans.
Gather inspiration, create a to-do list, and, most importantly, get in touch with your landscape professional now to make sure they have you on their 2020 calendar to make your dream outdoor space a reality.
It might be too cold to work outside, but you can do some planning indoors.
- Create an online scrapbook or Pinterest board with ideas for outdoor furniture, pavers, plants or tools you want to consider.
- Check out seed and plant offerings online. Ordering early insures you will have what you want when it’s time to plant.
- Plan a trip to the garden center or hardware store to find ergonomic tools that make outdoor chores easier on your body. Consider buying them now, before they sell out during the first warm and sunny weekend of the year.
- Schedule a meeting with a designer now to get your renovations or upgrades on the schedule. Visit www.alcc.com for a list of pros in your area.
- Confirm with your landscape or garden maintenance service early so you know your needs are handled.
Planting time is still months away, but planning now will get you ahead of the game. It’s also a nice way to imagine the warmer days ahead.