Landscape design that works with the unique qualities of a property and meets the needs of all who use it
The above is a Master Design Plan (see Package #5 below).
Every landscape package includes:
- One hour consult in your landscape to determine goals and objectives
- Assess problems/challenges/opportunities
- Understand how you will use your landscape spaces
- Listen to your ideas of what you want
- Understand your needs (privacy, quiet, erosion control, water-wise, site setting, proper irrigation)
- Answer your questions, recommend best improvements to make
- List priorities of what to do first, middle, and last
- Expert knowledge on watering, drainage, soils, special features, and plantings
Landscape packages are below. Custom landscape design is also available.
- One hour assessment of your Colorado landscape/garden site to determine goals and objectives, assess problems and opportunities, and recommend solutions.
- This assessment is conducted in-person (or virtually depending on where you live), at your property, and takes one hour.
- Includes a summary write-up of our walk-through and meeting.
- Does NOT include a sketch design or drawing.
This package includes everything in the on-site landscape/garden site assessment above, including summary of our walk-through and meeting PLUS:
- A drawing by landscape design expert and Camelot Design founder Carole Kastler of one area of the site (not to scale). The drawing is done during the consultation hour by hand on grid paper and will show Carole’s ideas for one area of your yard (not entire landscape).
- The drawing will include recommendations for landscape plants and other elements such as water features, fire elements, and boulders, landscape construction information, and other details that you need to keep in mind.
- Revisions to the drawing are not included (revisions are offered for an additional fee)
- The drawing you receive is contractor-ready. The drawing isn’t as detailed as our Package #5 (Master Plan package below) but it is a working drawing that contractors can use to provide you with an estimate for implementation.
The drawing at right is an example of the type of drawing for one area of the landscape you will receive with this package.
Want more than one area of your yard addressed but not the entire yard/landscape around the home? Perhaps you’re already happy with the front yard and entry, and want to address the space along the side of the house and also two areas of the back yard. This value-laden package is for you!
This popular package includes:
- Everything in Package #2 above but for 3 – 4 areas of the yard, not just one
- Drawings of 3 – 4 areas (total) of the landscape, created on-site during a second, separate meeting
- In the first meeting, landscape design expert Carole Kastler meets with you for a consultation and site assessment, and the a second visit to the site is arranged to draw out each of the 3 – 4 areas with all specifications. Again, this is a working drawing for a contractor or yourself to use.
- Does not include either a to-scale drawing or a fully-detailed Master Plan (which includes preliminary drawings and revisions) appropriate for contractors and permits. If you need a contractor-ready plan, see Package #4 or #5 below.
- Revisions to the drawings are not included (revisions are offered for an additional fee)
Want to have a year-round Maintenance Calendar and detailed lighting plans too? Check out Package #5 below.
The drawing at right is an example of the type of areas this package addresses.
Same as Package #2 but instead of a basic drawing you will receive a ‘to-scale’ drawing (like a master plan) of your choice of entire front or back yard.
This is our most value-packed package and gives you an on-site landscape or garden assessment as mentioned above, and covers ALL of your landscape (or any specific areas if you prefer).
Fully-detailed design plan (see image at right for example) complete with lighting and maintenance requirements.
This package includes:
- Fully-detailed master landscape design with contractor-ready blueprint and digital scan of the design
- Consultation, site assessment, preliminary design meeting, final design meeting
- Detailed plant list
- Construction specifications
- Landscape lighting plan
- Drip Irrigation recommendations
- Hardscape (pathways, walls, fencing) specifications
- Year-round Maintenance Calendar specific to your design and including details of what to do in your newly customized landscape
Specific to small areas of larger landscapes as well as courtyards, roof-top gardens, outdoor kitchens, patios, and fire and water features. You might also want to consider a design of color areas such as annual flowerbeds and containers, and planter boxes.
Carole doesn’t do the actual planting but is happy to refer you to someone who is outstanding at this type of work.
Camelot Design’s landscape design assessment and maintenance recommendations will provide guidelines for updating of property including renovations, revisions, and maintenance requirements.
Camelot Design offers oversight on contractors, bidding, contract specifications, and implementation of your landscape project. Contact us at 303.734.1126 to inquire about additional fees for these services.